Sounds impossible, right?! But, believe us this ice cream is delicious! The recipe comes to us from Jo Seagar, one of New Zealand’s most popular food television personalities and bestselling cookbook authors.
You can make your own vanilla ice cream or use store-bought. This ice cream can be made in advance and stored up to 6 weeks in the freezer.
Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
- 1 packet of each red and green cherries
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dessert figs
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 10 plump, dried apricots, chopped
- 2 litres (or quarts) good quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 50 g dark 70% chocolate (small chocolate bar)
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds, toasted
Step 1 – Combine dried fruits. Add brandy, cover and soak for 12-24 hours. Stir occasionally.
Step 2 – Mix soaked fruits, ice cream, chocolate, and almonds. Spoon the mixture into a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Smooth surface and cover with overhanging sides of food wrap. Freeze until firm. To serve, turn on to chilled serving platter. Decorate with fresh berries of the season or holly. Enjoy!
Until next time,
Your Boomer Life Partners