If you don’t have personal stylists in your area you may want to check your local library for these style and beauty books:
- The grown-up girl’s guide to style : a maintenance bible for fashion, beauty, and more / Christine Schwab
- Parisian Chic : a style guide / Inès de la Fressange
- Harper’s bazaar great style : best ways to update your look / Jenny Levin
- Agedefying lifestyle : create the life and looks you desire! : Body. Mind. Soul. / by Denyse Saunders
- The style strategy : a less-is-more approach to staying chic and shopping smart / Nina Garcia
- Tim Gunn : a guide to quality, taste, & style / Tim Gunn with Kate Moloney
- Nina Garcia’s look book : what to wear for every occasion / Nina Garcia
- The new secrets of style : your complete guide to dressing your best every day / by the editors of Instyle
- The little black book of style / Nina Garcia
- Triumph of individual style
The co-author of the last title, Helen Villa Connor also does style consultations. Fifteen years ago, I sent off my photos to Helen (she lives in the US) and she analyzed my body type and provided photos of outfits and a list of fabrics, which would suit me. Great for those who don’t have personal stylists in their area. If you want to learn more, touch or click here.
Of course, there are also many wonderful style websites. One of my favourites is for women over 60 – touch or click on Advanced Style. In May 2012, an Advanced Style book will be released, proof that style is ageless!
Until next time,
Your Boomer Life Partners
Disclosure: Products/services mentioned in this Boomer Life Today blog post were not solicited or paid for by companies in New Zealand or abroad.